When I login I am getting "MPREXE Not Responding" (Windows 95, 98, ME)
This problem is not related to Log Info, rather it is an issue with Microsoft. They have a detailed KB article regarding this, click here to read it.
For a short cause list, Microsoft lists these as the reason:
- This behavior can occur for any of the following reasons:
- Your password list (.pwl) file is damaged.
- A service or program that loads during the startup process conflicts with another service or program.
- You are using user profiles.
- There is a hardware conflict on your computer.
- A hardware driver on your computer is missing or damaged.
- If profiles are enabled, Windows may not be able to contact the primary domain controller's Netlogon share when looking for a Config.pol file. (Windows checks for a Config.pol file even if policies are not used.)
- Your primary domain controller (PDC) is not local to your Windows 95 or
- Windows 98 clients.
- A single user profile is corrupted.
- Your network adapter is not correctly seated.
- You are using a reserved word for your user name.
Again, please refer to this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article.