How do I use Group Net Send to send messages to a list of users?
Sending a message to a list of users is simple using Group Net Send. Follow these easy steps:
- Open notepad.exe and type in the message you want to send to the users. This message can include returns and line breaks.
- Save this file as message.txt in the same directory as Group Net Send
- Create a new file in notepad.exe and type in all of the usernames/computernames/ip addresses of all of the people you want to receive the message. Each should be seperated by the RETURN key.
- Save this file as users.txt in the same directory as Group Net Send
- Run cmd.exe to get to a command consolse
- Navigate to the directory where Group Net Send is located
- To start sending your message type in: netsendcmd.exe message.txt users.txt
There are several other command line options for Group Net Send:
-verbose is an option to see more verbose output when sending the messages
-t is an option to truncate the message if it extents past the character buffer limit
-s is an option to split the message into multiple messages until all of the message has been sent