I don't have a login script, how can I use Message Manager Deluxe?
The instructions for using Message Manager Deluxe only specify how to imlpement it via a login script. There are many different ways to use Message Manager Deluxe within your organization. This will explain some other options for running Message Manager Deluxe.
- Remotely running
- If the target computer is Windows 2000, 2003 or XP you can enable Remote Desktop
on the computer.
- Next would be to get the
Remote Desktop Connection Software
from Microsoft to connect to the remote computer.
- Then you can connect to the remote computer and you will see the desktop
- Copy the loadmsg.exe and the message.dat file from the network or a shared location
to the hard drive.
- Lastly you can launch loadmsg.exe from that folder to show the user the message.
- Another option is to use Real VNC to remotely
connect to the desktop and launch our Message Manager Deluxe software.
- Push from server to client
- Many of our customers have software on every client computer which allows them
to push/install software remotely. You can use this feature to show loadmsg.exe
- Here are some examples of other software programs that support this feature:
You can also find software via this
- Windows Startup
- Note: For this example you must have access to the target computer.
- First copy loadmsg.exe and the message you want to load to a network share, cd, floppy disk, or other media.
- Go the the computer(s) you want to run Message Manager Deluxe on, copy the loadmsg.exe and message.dat files locally
- Create a shortcut to loadmsg.exe
- Edit the properties on that shortcut and change the Target path
- Add the name (and path) of the message.dat file you want to show
- Click OK to save the changes to the shortcut
- Copy this shortcut to the Start Menu's StartUp folder
- Each time the computer is started (for that user) it will launch loadmsg.exe
You can use also our WinStartup Utility to accomplish the same task, but in more of a hidden way. This will do the same action as above but hide the startup in the Windows registry.
- Program Launcher
- We have free software called Program/WAV Launcher which will run the specified .exe file every X seconds.
- You can use this software to run the loadmsg.exe from Message Manager Deluxe and display the message ever hour, etc.
- Like any of our software, you can add
to the StartUp folder.